Position Announcement-Part Time Pianist/Keyboardist
PART TIME PIANIST/KEYBOARDIST
Position Description: Part time pianist/keyboardist with a passion for church music and dedicated to leading people to God through the ministry of music.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Creative Arts personnel on effective and creative uses of music to lead worshipers to a closer relationship with God.
- Be comfortable with both traditional and contemporary worship music styles.
- Be familiar with electronic keyboards and use the church’s instruments to their fullest capabilities.
- Adhere to the church's Employee Handbook and the Church’s Essentials of Our Faith.
- Sunday responsibilities:
- Play for Sunday services, including accompanying hymns, choir anthems, soloists, ensembles etc.
- Provide appropriate background music to enhance worship.
- Accompany Adult Choir rehearsal.
- Share solo gifts when needed.
- Weekday responsibilities:
- Accompany Vocal Ensemble rehearsal.
- Accompany any extra rehearsals set by Ministry Director(s).
- Accompany / rehearse with soloists or ensemble groups by mutual agreement of date and time.
- Personal preparation for Sunday services.
- Additional responsibilities:Any gratuities for weddings or funerals will be through the particular persons involved and will be at the discretion of the Pianist / Keyboardist and not the responsibility of the church.
- Play for any extra services, including Lent and Advent.
- Participate in meetings of the Ministry of Creative Arts.
- Arrange for a substitute in the event of absence or vacation in consultation with the Ministry Director(s) and/or Senior Pastor.